Bearded Hen

This turkey season has been full of ebb and flows.  On the first day of my season, I brought a hot gobbler in on a string and laced an arrow through its neck at thirty yards...so I thought.  Feathers flew but the bird survived a skin wound and was never to be seen again.  I thought the shot was perfect and was on a line to guillotine the wily gobbler, but the bird narrowly dodged being slayed.  The weather was terrible a few of the days but I got on a flock of two toms, three jakes and several hens.  Couldn't get the gobblers off the hens for the life of me.  Passed on the jakes at ten paces with the gobblers in full strut in the background.  I ended up without a kill.  Matty outted this bearded hen on his second day before he had to split town.  Although scraggly, the beard measured out at six inches.  Much to my surprise, I found several eggs in the old hen, each sequencially smaller than the last.  The first egg I pulled was fully developed and me and Wipfli ate it with a little pesto and diced ramps....savagely delish.
We are filming these hunts for a television promo for the Outdoor Channel.  It is called Slay 2 Gourmet.  I am the slay, Wipfli is the gourmet.  It is going incorporate my slaying abilities and Jon's cooking specialties into short and sweet segments of killing, cooking, and hot girls.  Yes, hot girls.